Monday, August 3, 2009

Living the Suite Life!

Absence makes the heart grow fonder right? Well maybe not my readers' hearts since I've been absent for so long. But my heart has definitely grown fonder for writing and blogging. After I graduated in May I decided to focus on enjoying my summer- but I have seen and heard some things around the Baltimore that have compelled me to return here.


So word on the Street is that the new hotness is Suite 18. Suite 18 is located on 1818 Maryland Avenue and used to be the Gordon's lounge. According to their Facebook group page, this spot is "bringing nightlife back to Baltimore" and is "strictly for the mature crowd" (those under 21 need not apply).

Remember E the Poet Emcee, host of The Art of Conversation? Well he is back on the hosting scene every Thursday with the new spoken word sensation "Urban Hang". If you have never seen E host at the Yabba Pot on Saturdays, then I can guarantee you will be in for a night of laughter, good conversation, and slammin spoken word artists.

But don't think this spot is limited to just poetry! If you are looking for a new hangout with unlimited drink specials, live music, or just somewhere to do your two step, Suite 18 is the place to be! Check out their website for more information.


Sidebar: I am looking to hear feedback about what you want more of from this blog, what you want less of, and what can be improved. What do you want this blog to deliver to you. I am your reporter for the Baltimore arts and culture scene (I can cover other things too, just let me know!) I welcome constructive criticism. Let me know what you all think!

No comments:

Post a Comment